Call for papers, presentations, good practice case studies, next practice concepts and posters
Your opportunity to contribute to the conference
The 2017 University-Industry Interaction Conference will be a international meeting of researchers, practitioners and business representatives focused on university-industry engagement, innovation and entrepreneurship, Throughout the programme, equal emphasis is places on theory and practice.
We are now calling for abstracts and proposals on the themes of the conference.
All proposals will be reviewed by an international scientific and practitioners committee.
Before you start writing your proposal, please visit the submission
page where you can find further information as well as templates for download.
|Call for scientific presentations and papers (optional)
||Call for practitioners presentations and papers (optional)
||Call for good practice presentations and case studies
||Call for next practice concept poster presentations
||Call for poster presentations
|For those interested in presenting academic results at the conference. Full papers (optional) will be published in the conference proceedings. Selected papers will be invited to be published in the conference’s partner journals.
||For those interested in presenting practitioner results / experiences at the conference. Full papers (optional) will published in the conference proceedings.
||For those interested in presenting and discussing their good practice case study at the conference. Accepted good practice case studies will be published in the UIIN Good Practice Case Study Series (www.gps.uiin.org).
||For those who would like to present their next practice concept in a poster session at the conference. Accepted next practice concepts will be published in the UIIN Next Practice Concept Book.
||For those who would like to present their research results in a poster session at the conference. The posters will be presented on large-scale roll-up-banners printed by the conference organisers.
Sub-themes include, but are not limited to:
A holistic perspective on university-industry engagement
- Engagement strategy
- Building capabilities for university-industry engagement
- Building a culture supportive of university-industry engagement
- Science-to-Business Marketing
- Co-creation and co-innovation – going beyond open innovation
- Going global
- Managing projects and relationships with universities
- Horizon Scanning: the future of work and learning and how this impacts UIE
- Building an innovation driven economy
- The role of universities in regional and national innovation systems
- The role of business in university-industry engagement
- Maximising SME engagement with universities
- The role of entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs in promoting and sustaining innovation
- Managing entrepreneurial universities
- Academic and student entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurship education
- High impact entrepreneurship
- Start-ups and spin-offs
Impact, policy and funding
- Measuring the impact and level of innovation activities
- IP, innovation and education policy
- Venture Capital funding environments
- The rise and role of patient capital
University-industry engagement in context
- Agriculture, food and wine
- Advanced manufacturing
- Healthcare & medical
September 26, 2016:
Submission deadline for abstract and proposals
October 17, 2016:
Notification of acceptance to successful authors. Instructions for preparing the paper, case study, poster as well as presentation will be provided.
December 14, 2016:
Early bird deadline
January 9, 2017:
Full paper (optional), good practice case study, next practice and poster submission deadline
February 15-17, 2017:
Subscribe to email newsletter:
Subscribe to our RSS feed:
Follow us on Twitter
WATCH VIDEOS FROM THE LAST CONFERENCE